Tuesday 28 January 2014

More News from Katie from the Track

Icebreaker Series, Race One, 25 January 2014 At Newport Velodrome.

I went to the Icebreaker in Newport. It was my first race on the new bike from John Atkins Cycles, the bike was absolutely fab! The icebreaker is three endurance races on the track, the scratch race, the elimination and the points race. 


(I'm in the left/middle, white helmet, red and blue kit)


The Elimination race is my favorite race out of the three disciplines and it is the race I did my best in on Saturday, I was up against some stiff competition with some of the best under 16’s in the country racing and I was delighted stay in for about 14 laps before my number was called in the elimination race. 


(I'm in the middle, white helmet, red and blue kit)


Throughout the whole day I learnt lots about being an athlete and really enjoyed myself during the whole experience. I can’t wait till 15 February when I get to do it all over again!

Katie Clements

No comments:

Post a Comment